Wednesday, December 2, 2009

And the winner is.....


US!!!

We beat out 7 other people in bids for our new 'Zoo-House'. Rob and I have been debating moving out of our otherwise-lovely, but teeny-tiny house on V St. We love our current house- after all- it is the smallest victorian in DC, and it is detached. However, 300 square feet on each level is not quite working out for 2 people and a doggie. My bike sits in the living room! My office is the catch-all room, and I really miss not having a dining space. (Even though we hardly used the one in the last house). I am very excited about our new place if only for the following reasons:

1. We are less than a mile from our current place- which is an awesome neighborhood- we can walk to all sorts of restaurants, the metro, the dog park, the zoo...... hoooo hoooo!
2. We are really close to the entrance of Rock Creek Park, which is our current running route
3. I can finally host my supper club
4. We can get the kitchen we have always wanted (more like the one Ati has always wanted- with plenty of storage, a decent stove and a cook-friendly design)
5. We can store our bikes, motorcycle and scooter- and did I mention there is a GARAGE!!!

I have always loved a 'granny-house'. What's a granny house you say? An older house with tons of character, that was well-maintained- so good structurally, but that needs a jolt to the 21st century. Our house is def. a granny house, with gorgeous wood floors, wardman architecture, and needing a good scrub and lots of love.

Unfortunately, there is that dreaded word aka LIMITED BUDGET! Rob and I plan on doing lots of the work ourselves, as opposed to hiring it out. Especially since there are a few things that I am not willing to compromise on, and do not want builder/contractor grade. So that means our labor costs have to be as low as possible.

It will be a long winter, maybe a long 2010- but we are soooo excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment